Creating and delivering effective communication around employee benefits is a challenge for many employers, large or small. One-off communications are rarely effective, so it is also important that employers regularly re-communicate the value of the benefits that they offer (including new additions) to their employees.
Getting the communication and branding for your scheme right is crucial, from the initial points of engaging and enrolling employees through to the ongoing support that your employees will need when the scheme is up and running.
JLT employee communications is a team of communication and designers who specialise in working with clients to develop an effective communication strategy that encourages member and employee engagement. We listen to what you need to do and what you want to achieve, whilst understanding the needs of the recipients.
Only by really understanding the issues and the intended audience can we develop, structure and deliver effective and compelling employee communications and establish the right messages and communication channels that will be heard and understood by those who need to understand them. Good communication is key to maximising the effectiveness of employee benefits and your investment in them.
An effective communications strategy requires proper planning, budgeting and evaluation. We offer a full service consultancy from the initiation of the project through to evaluation after the campaign.
The services we offer include:
- Strategy and planning: Establish communication objectives by understanding all the factors that influence the audience. This will deliver positive behaviour by creating the right messages and using the right communication channels.
- Copywriting: Taking technical content and turning it into compelling, engaging and targeted copy that resonates with the audience.
- Creative design and branding: Our designers create high-impact and visually stimulating branding for both online and offline media, working within your corporate brand guidelines or can develop a new identity for your benefit offering.
- Personalised communications: We have in-house programmers who produce individual communications using personal data, for example Total Reward Statements and benefit statements.
- Digital media: We use a range of digital channels to maximise reach including e-comms, websites and microsites, webinars and animated presentations.
- Project and print management: We manage the project and print process working with a panel of approved print providers.
- Evaluation: It is important to understand the success of member communications to ensure learnings influence the on-going contact strategy.
For clients with limited budgets who have a desire to support their employees we have a range of template communications which address some of the key issues facing employees today – salary sacrifice, automatic enrolment and pension information. These are based around our three design templates ensuring all benefit-related communications are consistent in look and feel.
David Millar, Head of Client Communications | T: 020 7528 4641 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org