Pension Scheme Closure
Whether you are just considering or have already decided to close your pension scheme, you'll want a partner with the experience and expertise to advise and help you on the right course of action. Since 1996, we have operated a dedicated scheme closure team with a nationwide footprint.
We have over 60 employees who provide project management, consulting, administration and technical services specifically to Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contribution (DC) pension schemes that are in the process of closing or ‘winding up’.
Whatever the situation, we have the knowledge and expertise to manage the winding up of your pension scheme in an effective and controlled manner.
WHAT WE DO
- Defined Benefit (DB) Schemes
- Defined Contribution (DC) Schemes
The endgame for many pension schemes is buyout and wind-up. This can be the result of a planned decision from the employer and trustees, or the pension scheme sponsor getting into financial difficulty.
As a multi-disciplinary team of consultants, actuaries and administrators, we’ll deliver an integrated range of services and solutions to meet all your needs. Our experience allows us to manage and implement the successful winding up of pension schemes of any size.
How we can help you:
- Agree a robust and realistic project plan with your Trustees and deliver to schedule
- Manage any other stakeholders to ensure that winding up proceeds without stoppages
- Deliver high levels of understanding and engagement at what can be a troubling time for your scheme members
- Assist employers and Trustees in complying with their duties under legislation and the Pension Regulator requirements
- Ensure that your company spend is directed appropriately, has maximum impact and represents value for money.
- Provide high quality technical and actuarial advice to help overcome any challenges presented by the winding up of the pension scheme
The Discontinuance delivery team are accredited for ISO9001 in respect of our processes and procedures and ISO27001 in respect of information security.
We have a specific area solely focused on discharging assets in trust-based DC pension schemes.
- Delivering value for money to members as part of a scheme review
- Providing members with access to pension freedoms
- Education and engagement for members through provider websites / help desk / communication materials
For sponsoring employers
- Removing increasing costs for running trust-based pensions
- Targeting employee benefit spend more effectively
- Ceasing responsibility for ex-employees in your pension scheme
- Allowing key staff to focus on their business role rather than running a pension scheme
We can deliver our services to you by: providing you with advice on how to secure DC assets outside your scheme; support on administration throughout any DC wind-up or bulk transfer exercise; and communication, making sure those changes to occupational pension schemes are delivered clearly and positively to your scheme members.
How we can help you:
- Assist you with a full wind-up of your DC pension scheme
- Provide a wind-up of a DC section if you have a hybrid pension scheme
- Secure Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVC) assets for your Defined Benefit (DB) scheme
- Discharge DC pensions for a section of your scheme’s membership (ex-members of staff)
- Assist with bulk occupational DC pension transfers (into a Group Personal Pension).